A peek at our facilities...
- Easy access to side of building on Church Street avoiding steps
- Tea and Coffee
- Disabled Toilet
- Shop selling items related to Darwen
- Display space for outside agencies/groups
- Illustrated Talks
- Interactive whiteboard
- Large Meeting Room for Hire
- Small Meeting Room for Hire
- Permanent Display showing Darwen’s Heritage
- Temporary Display with a specific themed focus
- Digital and Printed Photo Library
- Reference Books
PLEASE NOTE: We can accommodate school and other social groups and have experienced staff who have delivered presentations on various aspects of Darwen’s past to Guides/Scouts/Brownies and Primary Schools. Contact the Centre with your requirements.
Our Meeting Room...
At the back of the building is the Meeting Room which can be hired for a variety of uses. Please contact the Centre for details.
The Meeting Room contains a wide range of Heritage Items related to Darwen including Models, Photographs, Maps, Paintings, Books and Artefacts in themed display cases. Visitors are free to browse as they wish, and volunteers will be on hand to offer advice and answer questions to enhance your visit.
The room can be arranged in different ways to accommodate your requirements, and the following photos give an idea of how it has been used already.
Below are some examples of how our meeting room has been utilised.